Who is it for
Junior soccer encompasses the age groups of U12 through to U18. U12’s is the last age that girls have a choice of playing either mixed or girl’s only football. All girls older than U12 must play girl’s only football.
What is the Format
From U12’s football is played on a full size field with full FIFA rules applying including offsides. The only dispensation is that for U12’s shortened corners and goal kicks are allowed. Teams play for competition points with results recorded and competition ladders published each week.
Playing times are as follows:-
- U12 25 mins each half
- U13 30 mins each half
- U14 30 mins each half
- U15 35 mins each half
- U16 35 mins each half
- U18 45 mins each half
Dates & Venues
Junior games are played on Saturdays with the 2017 season commencing with round 1 on 25th March 2017 and running for 18 weeks (weather permitting) with a break for Easter weekend on 15th April but no other breaks during school holidays. The only exception to this is W18 girls who play on Sundays (typically Sunday morning). Games are played on a home and away basis with home games played at Buckle Reserve, Menai or Casuarina Oval, Alfords Point. Away games are played throughout the Sutherland Shire.
The regular season concludes on Saturday 29th July 2017 whereby the top 4 teams on the competition ladder progress to a 3 week finals series.
Most teams train once per week on a weekday evening. The day, timing and location of this training is mutually agreed between the team and Coach once the team is formed
How do I Register
To register head to www.myfootballclub.com.au and select ‘register now’ then ‘player registration’ and follow the instructions. If you don’t already have one you will need to create an FFA number and then complete the registration selecting ‘Menai Hawks’ as the club and the relevant age group as the registration package. You can also pay the registration fee via credit card at this site. New players who are U10 or older as well as any existing U10 player will also need to upload a head and shoulders ‘passport-style’ photo during the registration process
If you are new to playing football in the Sutherland Shire you will also need to provide us with the following documentation to finalise your registration:-
- Proof of age – birth certificate or passport
- Proof of residency in Sutherland Shire – parent’s driver’s licence, rates bill, tenancy agreement or bank statement showing name and home address in the Sutherland Shire. Please note that address change stickers on the back of driver’s licences are not acceptable
Note documents need to be originals and need to be physically shown to us in person. This can be done by attending any of the following registration assistance days at Buckle Reserve:-
- Saturday 21st January 2017 10:00 – 16:00
- Sunday 22nd January 2017 10:00 – 16:00
- Tuesday 24th January 2017 18:00 – 21:00
- Saturday 28th January 2017 10:00 – 16:00
- Sunday 29th January 2017 10:00 – 16:00
If you have missed these dates please contact Alan Phillips on 0408 271 668 or at email@example.com to arrange an alternative viewing.
What is the registration fee and what does it include
Fees for 2017 are as follows:-
||If registered by 5th Feb 2017
||If registered from 6th Feb 2017
Please bear in mind that included in your 2017 fees are:-
- All FFA, FNSW and SSFA registration fees
- Insurance coverage
- Referee fees and match costs
- Ground upkeep, pitch watering and lighting costs
- Equipment and specialised training costs
- The loan of a Menai Hawks playing jersey for the season - we are one of the few remaining clubs that don’t require you to buy your own shirt in addition to your registration fees!
- A $25 fundraising levy - we once again will not be asking you to work in the canteen or on the bbq this season
Prior to the season starting we hold a grading day. The objective is to place players into a team with players at a similar skill level to themselves. It is a requirement that all players attend grading
The grading days are held at Buckle Reserve, Menai as follows:-
- U12/W12 17:00 – 18:00 Friday 3rd February 2017
- U13 18:00 – 19:00 Friday 3rd February 2017
- U14/W14 11:00 – 12:00 Sunday 5th February 2017
- U15 13:00 – 14:00 Sunday 5th February 2017
- U16/W16 14:00 – 15:00 Sunday 5th February 2017
- U18/W18 15:00 – 16:00 Sunday 5th February 2017
All players must wear football boots and shin pads and bring a bottle of water
Do I need to provide anything else?
What if there is wet weather?
Each child will be required to wear soccer boots and shin pads and bring a bottle of water to both training and games. The Menai Hawks playing shirt is loaned to you for the season. For new players to the club we provide free socks and shorts. For existing players replacement socks and shorts are available for purchase from the club uniform shop
Can I get involved in any way?
Mid-week the closure of grounds for training is controlled by Sutherland Shire Council who run a weather-line service on 02 9710 0105. If the grounds are closed training is not permitted under any circumstances. On weekends the closure of grounds is controlled by our Football Association. If games are cancelled due to wet weather a notice will be placed on our website and facebook as soon as the cancellation is known
Menai Hawks is a large, community-based organisation run by volunteers. Each team has a Coach and Team Manager who are typically one of the parents of the team. If you are interested in becoming a team Coach or Manager or in helping to run our great club please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for further information. Being involved is rewarding and your input would be very welcome.
Alan Phillips Club Secretary / Registrar 0408 271 668
Or alternatively contact us via email at email@example.com